Tuesday, January 03, 2012

photographic gifts

Well, the holidays have now come and gone. Were you gifted with any new gear? My terrific family gave me a few great accessories to set me up for 2012. I received:  My birthday was right in the mix, too, so I was graced with double goodies!

PBL Photo Studio 40" Reflective Umbrella Softboxes  This two-pack of brolly boxes is quite the cat's meow.  They are clearly designed for use with monolights, but, by simply moving the light further into the box, they can be used easily with speedlites (but now I want a dual or tri-flash bracket to throw in there, too!).  Thanks Harry and Lila!

CowboyStudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Trigger for External Speelights with 1 Trigger and 2 Receiver I've talked about these before as I already had some.  But now, I can set up more lights or have a second kit ready to go, or, as was the case last week, Dawn and I can shoot at basically the same time with the same llight setup in the studo.  Again, the thanks go to Lila and Harry.  I have the best in-laws!.

A pair of very cool socks with little cameras all over 'em.   Thanks H and L!

A new shoot-through umbrella, which is awesome because one of mine broke just a few weeks ago.  Thanks, wifey!

And a super cool pen with a tiny camera on top that flashes and makes shutter noises -- FUN!  Thank you, Dawn!

I'd love to hear about what you received in the comment section.  Although, if you were given a Canon 70-200mm f2.8L II IS lens, my jealousy might get the better of me and start a flame war.

No comments:

Archives