Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
This is a semi-complicated image. The gas pumps are from a crazy retro looking joint in Royal Oak, MI called the Vinsetta Garage (I think that's what it is called). Then a dusting of a poster edge effect.
I didn't care for the dull urban background, so I dropped in some desert and now, finally now(!), I am very enamored of this look. I'd been sitting on this image of the pumps for a few years, never quite satisfied with it.
So, as always, thank you Photoshop and all the PS gurus out there in Adobeland.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
So, I spare you a picture with this post (although I thought about adding the pix to all of the equipment listed below). The big Photokina event is wrapping up in Cologne, Germany. This is where all the big guns in the world of photography announce the new gear. And when it comes to photography, I have visions of being a huge gearhead!
So I share with you my current wishlist over at B&H. Yeah, it's only like $15,000 worth of stuff. Ha! The items in italics aren't even available yet!
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digital Camera (1)
- Impact Umbrella Bracket (2)
- Bogen/Manfrotto 3216 Monopod (black) w 234 Head (1)
- Canon EOS 50D SLR Digital Camera (1)
- Canon EOS 40D SLR Digital Camera (2)
- Quantum Instruments Turbo SC Battery Pack w/ C2 Flash Cable (3)
- Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Autofocus Lens (1)
- PocketWizard Plus II Tranceiver Radio Slave (4)
- Canon 580EX II Flash (4)
- Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro AF Lens for Canon
- Bunch of Alien Bees or White Lightning strobes, stands, umbrellas, softboxes and power packs!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
At every corner, and in some spots in between, there are statues that really add some pizazz to the street. This paperboy is just one of them. Nice touch to an already pretty area.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
So I had a little time on my hands yesterday and I decided to take a trip in my Wayback Machine. I decided a nice day with America's favorite past time might be fun (with a twist), so off I went to the late Nineteen Century somewhere in the South.
Everyone was perfectly pleasant, but I had to be very careful to keep my fancy newfangled picture box out of sight. Oh, they had photography back then, but the sight of my 40D might convince the excitable masses that I was a minion of the devil.
That may be, but gosh darn it, I wanted some pictures before I was run out of town on a rail. I grabbed this shot and then settled in with a hotdog and some lemonade to enjoy the game.
I was eventually run out of town, but not because of the camera. Word of warning: when lurking about the South some odd hundred years ago or so, don't say that Miss Larabie's fried chicken isn't quite as good as your Mom's. No, just keep it to yourself and move on to the apple pie. Yessiree, Bob. I can't stress that enough.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Friday, September 05, 2008
Enjoy your party, but don't drink to excess. Your bride will be peeved and you'll just get tired and bleary-eyed.
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
- ► 2014 (41)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (189)
- ► 2011 (213)
- ► 2010 (170)
- ► 2009 (152)
- They Said, "Go West, Young Man"
- Pain at the Pumps
- Pipedreams of the Obsessed
- Good Humor Man and Wife
- Gotta See a Man about a Horse
- I Been Working on the Railroad
- Spooky Behavior
- ...But I Know What I Like...
- Forgotten History
- Hot Off The Presses
- Bomb Pop Wedding
- CH__CH. What's missing? (YOU ARE!)
- A Pre-Owned Vehicle?
- 9/11 Memorial
- Old Rose
- The Wayback Machine
- Frenetic Wedding Sampler!
- We'll Call It A ButterMoth....
- Glamour Dog
- Environmental Executive Portraits
- Top Tips For Grooms
- A Nice One From The Archives
- But Ya Doesn't Have To Call Me A Wedding Photograp...
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum
- ▼ September (25)