Sunday, November 30, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Lots of good stuff around the cyberspace of photography recently, and here are some of my favorites...
- Detailed tips on improving a bad contract by the ASMP
- If signed in, Google offers a wiki-esque ability to promote, demote and comment on search results
- Check out the Orbis ring flash adaptor (like Ray flash, but with apparent universal fit)
- Polaroid fan? Well the film is going the way of the dinosaur, but this clever app. for the Mac can give you back your instant pix (look) fix.
- Heard about Yousendit? Makes easy work of transmitting large files, even directly from several programs such as Photoshop and Aperture. FTP-based and FREE!
- The folks at ProPhotoLife put together a nice gift guide of Five photo gifts under $50 . I would add the fancy spy tube that I mentioned in a previous post (although it is $50, and tax, shipping, etc. might drive it over the limit....)
- A nice little diatribe on Why Photographers Should Study Design . I couldn't agree more. And a fun, super light incredibly basic intro might be the childrens book, "A Book About Design" by Mark Gonyea. Check it out!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Terrific recent stuff from around cyberspace...
Monday, November 17, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
- A review of the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 that is my shortlist choice substitute for the Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS lens that I really want.
- I've been a fan of Prem Mukherjee's (of Arising Images in MI) work for some time now. Now I see that he is speaking at Imaging USA here in Phoenix Jan. 11-13. I'm going to have to try to make his presentation.
- RED has announced two amazing sounding (and amazingly high priced) high-resolution digital motion and still cameras, Scarlet and Epic. If they were affordable, it sounds like they would blow everybody else right out of the water!
- A nice little guide to capturing motion in your pics.
- David Ziser comments on a trend toward shooting and burning.
- Turn your images into custom made fabric, then turn that into something else!
- The megapixel myth and why maybe I should just be happy with my 40D!
- Terrific article introducing using high-speed synch for full daylight shoots. Very valuable to those of us in the Phoenix area!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Lamps. That's right. Lamps. Streetlamps to be specific. Just something I ran across in downtown Tempe. Might have been along the rail line.
I like the look of it. What do you think?
I love lamp. BTW, have you seen Anchorman? Lowbrow to be sure, but I bet you laugh. And "I love lamp" is right up there.
- ► 2014 (41)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (189)
- ► 2011 (213)
- ► 2010 (170)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ▼ November (11)