Monday, April 28, 2008

1/8000th of a Second!

There's a lot of talk these days about the Canon 1D-Mark III (and the 1Ds-Mark III) and the Nikon D3 and D300. And, yes, I'm jealous and I'd love to have any one of them (well, really mostly the 1Ds-Mark III). But.....

Can I tell you how happy I am with my Canon 40D? Can I, can I? Well, a rousing chorus of "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" is in order. I got my 40D last September right about the time they became available and I couldn't be happier.

It's got a lot of very nice features, none the least of which is a max shutter speed of 1/8000! Not bad. And (via a menu) you can max the ISO out at 3200. I'd still prefer to keep things under 800, but in certain circumstances, that 3200 is a lifesaver.

Anyway, you don't need me spouting specs, but I'm very happy with it. And so far, the battery really holds out, too. Eight hours at a wedding and it still had juice.

So, this past weekend I did some shooting at Sylvan Glen Park in Troy, MI. Got this speedin', flappin' goose in the bag. 1/8000, f5.6, ISO 3200.


No comments:

Archives