Sunday, October 06, 2013

Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Leonard Slatkin conducting

Just an amazing opportunity last night to photograph the season opening concert of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra with Maestro Leonard Slatkin conducting.  If you were there, you may have briefly seen me on stage with the orchestra (although I was hoping no one would notice) when my client asked me to photograph the Maestro in his element, facing his orchestra.  That spot and angle proved a bit limiting as there were microphones everywhere (they were recording the performance for a CD).  So I'll be going back another time for that exact shot, but here are a few intial sneak peek, early favorites from last night.  Special thanks to Gabrielle Poshadlo and Amy Claeys for collaborating to get me this job.










No comments:

Archives