Sunday, August 14, 2011

'Roots in Detroit' Photo Competition Winners Showcased in Farmington - Farmington-Farmington Hills, MI Patch

Me being all artsy fartsy!


Last night was the Roots in Detroit Contest Photography Exhibit at the Historic Winery building in Farmington, MI.  I was fortunate to be picked as the second place winner and Dawn received an honorable mention.  I believe there were over 100 entrants.


Lesa Ferencz, the creator and organizer of the event had everyone's winning piece printed and mounted at 24 x 36 inches and displayed in the middle of the room.  Each participant got a large chunk of wall to display other work.  There was something like 125 people who came through for the one-night-only show.  Dawn and I are so pleased and grateful to everyone who came out.  Apparently a big storm blew through during the showing. I was pretty much oblivious to it.


Joni from the Farmington Patch was there and interviewed Dawn and myself (I now kind of regret mentioning Batman!  -- read the article and see what a dork I am!).


'Roots in Detroit' Photo Competition Winners Showcased in Farmington - Farmington-Farmington Hills, MI Patch


It was an awesome event and we were both honored to be part of it.  Thank you Lesa and all the participants and supporters and a special thanks to all our friends and family who came out to see!

No comments:

Archives