Tuesday, August 11, 2009

dslr video

Take a look at this video. In terms of content, it's just a crappy Ralph Lauren ad, but I want you to look at the cinematic quality of its production. And then I want you to know that it was all shot on a Canon 5D Mark II. A DSLR still camera that just happens to have full high-def 1080p video capability. Unbelievable. I never really had any aspirations to shoot motion pictures before, but this kind of thing (and there is getting to be a lot of it out there) is making me think twice.

The dreamy quality of shallow depth of field. I've been doing more and more shallow depth of field work with the still photography, but now take that same nifty fifty lens and shoot video. The possibilities are limitless...


We.own.the.sky from Camille Marotte on Vimeo.

No comments:

Archives