Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Poster Paints of Autumn


It's Autumn here in the northern hemisphere, although I nearly forgot about it now living here in the desert valley. But my trusty camera remembers. I'm rather fond of this simple park image. I like the way the colors pop and the simple, but effective composition.

Ever wonder why those leaves get so colorful before giving up the ghost? I found a site that gives a pretty good explanation. It's geared to the munchkins, but sometimes a good kids book or article is the best introduction to a subject. Sometimes books for adults gloss over the basics, assuming that you already have that base of information.

A good example of this is "A Book About Design". This is an introduction to graphic design for children, but I learned a lot about balance and composition. Just goes to show, there's no point in being snooty about education. We all have to start somewhere!

No comments:

Archives