Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gunslinger

Enjoyed another trip in the ol' wayback machine, yesterday. Found myself face to face with this gunslingin' cowpoke. He nearly introduced me to my maker when he saw my camera. I quickly explained that it was not a weapon, but merely a newfangled photographic device. He wasn't convinced until I shot the barkeep and he was none the worse for it.

Then he spun a few tales about rustling cattle and chasing a few good-for-nothings (who tried to take what he rightfully stole) into the foothills. A dozen good shots of rotgut later, he quite amicably posed for this shot, although "posed" isn't quite the right word. He kept waving his arms around and starting a new story at every turn.

Still, a colorful fella, even though he only photographed in black and white.

No comments:

Archives