Saturday, August 30, 2008

I May Have To Rethink New Glass

Ok, I was thinking that my next purchase would be new glass, probably the Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 (a compromise down from the $1,800 Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS that I really want -- but $1,100 difference is, well, $1,100 difference!).

But now I'm getting all sucked into the hype about the new Canon 50D. And to think the 40D only came out last September! I love new gear, but give my old gear a chance to wear out a bit before I simply must have the new thing! Take a look at this:



Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? But to complicate matters, have you heard the rumors about the Canon 5d Mark II? Will the madness never end!?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, I am in the same lens dilemma and it's good to know someone else out there is going with the Tamron... It looks like a great lens!

Have you heard the 7D or 9D rumors yet??!! Seriously, this IS madness.

Dawn & Ron said...

Latest rumors that I've seen say it will be a 5d Mark II (but perhaps with the different naming).

The Canon 5D Mark II is rumored to include the following specs:

● 21.1 MP 1.0x
● DIGIC IV
● ISO 100-6400 L:50 & H:12800
● 5 FPS
● 3.2″ High Resolution Screen(LCD)
● 19 point AF
● HDMI Out
● Liveview
● HD Movie Mode
● Viewfinder: 100% Coverage
● Full weather sealing
● EF Lenses only

one of the rumors says the official Canon announcement will be Sept. 17. We shall see...

As far as the Tamron lens goes, I'm reading good reviews but they all say the motor is a bit noisy and the AF isn't fast enough for sports shooting. My bread and butter is weddings, so I think it will work for me.

Archives