Thursday, August 21, 2008

History Magazine / September '08

OK, this post has little or nothing to do with photography (perhaps I'll try to work in some photo related puns.....) but it MUST BE POSTED! THE WORD MUST BE SPREAD! Dramatic, no?

So why all the hubbub? What for all the hoopla? Why the suspense and hype!?!?!

Well, I'll tell ya.

The current (read September 2008) issue of History Magazine features -- as its cover story no less -- an article focusing on the birth of the blues in America, written by none other than my best friend, Heath Lowrance, way over there in the backwoods suburbs of Detroit.

Take a peek: http://www.history-magazine.com/

Then run, don't walk, to your nearest newsstand and buy the thing. Read it, consume it, talk about it, blog about it, and tell your friends in publishing to print more of Mr. Lowrance's terrific work. And if you think you like that non-fiction stuff, just wait 'til you get your hands on some of his fiction. It will blow your mind! Your synapses will flash and pop like a thousand strobes all going off at once. OK, I'll stop trying to work in the photo thing, but I'll be back at it tomorrow!

P.S. I'm Ron Warren and I approve this message.

No comments:

Archives