Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sunday macro worship

Playing around with some macro photography this time. I don't typically have a need for a dedicated macro lens, so I don't own one. But I found you can DIY to some degree.

I tried several different approaches. You can mount or even handhold a lens to your camera backwards. You can also use a magnifying glass, as I did here. Macro work means means very shallow depth of field and the magnifying glass makes it even worse, so a steady hand is required.

A less DIY approach could include extension tubes, close-up filter(s), or a true macro lens. Or even a microscope if you can mount your camera!

This two inch tall pewter Pope achieved much greater stature with the right approach. Now where can I find some bugs to make mammoth?

No comments:

Archives